Position Title: Communications and Marketing Coordinator
Classification: Permanent Part-Time
Hours of Work: 3 days, to be negotiated
Location: Oakleigh, Melbourne
The Corner Store Network is offering an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Marketing and Communications Coordinator to spearhead our dynamic initiatives within an internationally recognised social enterprise non-profit. This role would suit someone eager to contribute to a thriving, young organisation committed to making a positive impact.
About the role
As the Marketing and Communications Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in amplifying our mission and building brand awareness. We are looking for someone passionate about marketing, communications and content creation and deeply committed to sustainability, social impact, and doing business better.
Your responsibilities will encompass various tasks, from storytelling, highlighting our programs, developing engaging content for multiple platforms and creating product campaigns. You will be at the forefront of conveying the spirit, excitement, and innovation that define The Corner Store Network. This role drives community engagement, fosters connections with our diverse audience and builds customer loyalty.
We are seeking someone with a keen understanding of marketing strategies and excellent communication skills. You will create and implement effective marketing campaigns, manage social media platforms, and coordinate events to promote our social enterprise's initiatives.
If you have a creative flair, a passion for making a difference, and a desire to contribute to the success of a young and impactful non-profit, this Marketing and Communications Coordinator role is the perfect fit for you.
What we’re offering
- Permanent part-time position with excellent working conditions
- Opportunity to evolve the organisation and have genuine input into its direction
- Salary packaging benefits
- Exciting work in a small but mighty organisation with passion and a BIG impact
- On-going training and professional development. We encourage cross-skilling and up-skilling
What we are about
The Corner Store Network is a Melbourne-based non-profit social enterprise incorporating an artisanal coffee roastery, food preservery and low-waste café.
We work to create specialty coffee, food preservation, climate action and community connection for the benefit of people and the planet.
Our mission is to Preserve the Future. In this regard, we are preserving what we currently have while ensuring that generations to come can continue to have a healthy and liveable future. Through coffee and preserves, we’re fighting to reduce waste, end hunger and replenish the planet. We want to overhaul outdated, wasteful food systems and provide an equitable future through food rescue, education, community engagement, and innovation.
- A strategic thinker, proactive ‘doer’ and self-starter, you enjoy taking the lead and creating new digital marketing, social media and content plans from scratch
- Your creativity is your point of difference, and you bring this to everything you do – your copy, content, campaigns and ways of working
- You possess a unique blend of copywriting flair while also bringing visual creativity to your communications, content and storytelling to generate cut-through online
- You love delving into data to create well-performing content
- Values-driven by nature, you will be proud to utilise your skills to help communicate the impact of CSN.
- Social media content planning, development and execution across all channels (Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok, LinkedIn and Threads/X)
- Implementation of content strategy that builds awareness and engagement
- Sourcing and creating social media content for all our programs, collaborating with program managers and other content creators for social media, website, newsletter, annual reports, etc.
- Produce copy, graphics and video content that align with our brand voice and engage our community
- Manage social media content plans and processes
- Report on social media analytics to measure performance.
- Source relevant inputs from CSN program teams to create and coordinate engaging content for social media, website, newsletter, annual reports, etc.
- Create ad-hoc company documents and marketing assets
- Shopify website updates
- Create marketing campaigns for events and new initiatives
- Work as part of a small team (answering to the CEO) to develop and implement the social media and marketing strategy across the CSN brand
- Manage paid amplification of content, analyse performance metrics, and provide actionable insights for optimisation
- Community management of CSN’s social media accounts: Proactively engage with our audience, responding to comments and building relationships with loyal supporters
- Prepare monthly social media and marketing reports, and communicate insights and recommendations to stakeholders
- Coordinate photoshoots and video production to tell our stories and share our impact for fundraising and brand communications
- Develop and maintain content library where powerful stories, impacts, images and consents are up-to-date
You can expect to be allocated duties not specifically mentioned in this document but within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this classification level.
- 2-3+ years of experience in social media management from an agency, brand or freelance experience, with a strong understanding of platform-specific best practices
- Filming and editing skills (mobile content)
- A great storyteller with the ability to produce compelling written and visual content that engages audiences and stakeholders
- Ability to tap into moments of trend and incorporate into content
- Proficiency in content creation tools, strong copywriting abilities, and familiarity with social listening platforms
- Understanding of Facebook Business Manager, Canva, and content performance reporting
- Details-oriented and a keen eye for design
- Strong interpersonal skills, stakeholder engagement abilities, and a proactive mindset towards industry shifts and evolving digital landscapes.
- Tertiary qualification in Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Graphic Design
- Experience using Shopify, G-Suite/Google Workspace, Klayvio, CRM systems
- Understanding of SEO, Facebook Ads and Google Ads management and familiarity with Google Analytics
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience with email marketing, web marketing, digital accessibility and an audience-led approach (including SEO, user experience and design best practice)
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Well-organised with excellent time management skills, ability to multi-task between projects and meet deadlines
- Creative and able to adapt to seasonal donations
- Team-orientated with a solution-focused approach
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to be adaptable, innovative, calm and quick-thinking
- Contribute creatively to concept development and promotions.
- Thrive in a flexible, fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
If this sounds like your jam, we would love to hear from you.
Please send a cover letter and copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org